Sunday, April 3, 2011

It's the little things.

I've been reading my bible like this lately: flip through the pages, look for what is already highlighted and reflect on why. It seems like every time I do this, I find something old and it becomes new. It's old as in the fact that I've already read it. It's new in the fact that I realize something I didn't before, or it clicks in a way it didn't before. It's like watching a movie. You watch it the first time with the desire to see everything. Take in everything. But really, you only catch maybe the plot. But then you go back and watch it again. Only then do you start catching all of the little details you missed the first time. Every time you go back and watch it, even if you've seen it a hundred times, you're going to catch something you missed before. Reading my bible has proven to be no different, and through this, I'm finally understanding why it's so important to keep reading the scriptures.

His divine power has given us everything we need 
for life and godliness through our knowledge of him
who called us by his own glory and goodness.
2 Peter 1:3

The little things I find flood me with joy. It's hard for me to believe that I repeatedly "just happened" to come across a verse. I always feel like God directs me to a certain verse to comfort me. He knows exactly what I need to read. To be reminded of. To understand. He knows exactly what I need, and when I need it. Our God is an all powerful, all knowing, all loving Father. He wants for us to trust Him. To follow Him. To love Him the way He loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment