Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Stop fighting and let Him work.

5 weeks, 6 projects, and 5 finals.
That just about sums it all up.

I find myself most eager for God when I am anxious (good/bad) or stressed about something. So usually, the tail end of my semesters are an eager time. I have some favorite verses that I look back on. Often. I'd like to think that somebody reads what I write on here. Assuming that's the case, I know I have one shot. Something to draw you in and make you want to come back. Well, I want to share with you my favorite verses. My "always-good-for-any-occasion" verses. Hopefully, it's enough to make your visit to my blog worth it. If not, perhaps something I post in the future will do it for you. Maybe that's just my way of getting you to come back. Who really knows?

"Who of you by worrying 
can add a single hour to his life?"
Matthew 6:27
Give it up guys. Literally. 
Stressing and worrying about our problems doesn't fix them. 
Give them to God. It's going to seem difficult.
But once you do it, His grace will shine through all of your problems.

"If God is for us who can be against us?"
Romans 8:31
We can handle anything and anyone with God. Period.

"Jesus Christ is the same 
yesterday and today and forever."
Hebrews 13:8
Jesus' teachings are clear. And they're never changing. 
Don't get mixed up in ways the world twists His teachings.
It's all right there in black and white.

"Be joyful in hope, 
patient in affliction, 
faithful in prayer"
Romans 12:12
Pretty straight forward. Be joyful, patient and faithful.

"As the mountains surround Jerusalem,
so the Lord surrounds his people."
Psalm 125:2
Our mighty fortress. Our protection. Our Savior. Our Father. 
How comforting to know God surrounds us, always.

"Cast all your anxiety on Him 
because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7
Take it seriously. 
Don't keep your fears, worries and anxieties pent up in you. 
Share them with the one person who can help.


If only we took the time to realize how lucky we are. How cared for and loved we are. It's not just some fairytale. Or myth. There is a God. A God who cares for you. A God who wants a relationship with you. It's so much easier to form a relationship with God than to try and fight it. What will we lose? The world. What will we gain? A relationship with our God and a chance to spend eternity with him. It's reassuring to know, even if I feel alone, I'm not. Even if I feel like I have nobody, I do. Because what they say is true...
...we all need somebody to lean on.

No comments:

Post a Comment