Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sweet, Sweet Summertime.

It feels like it's been weeks since I've posted. But, I just looked, it's only been 10 days. Nearly every one of those days I've thought to myself, "Wow, I really need to update my blog, I have a lot to say." Well if you think about it, that's 10 days of "a lot to say" that has built up. So naturally, I have no idea what to say. I'm winging it.  Hang in there with me. It may be worth it.

Since I last wrote, many things have happened. I went through finals week, I said good-bye to my Arkansas family, I spent enough time in Nashville to say I've been to Nashville, I drove 14 hours to Maryland (and have been here since) and I've ventured all through D.C. It's been a pretty eventful 10 days. At least it sounds that way when I write it all out. 

I'm less than a week into summer and I'm already having an incredible time.
It's exciting to think that I still have almost 3 months of this left.

Also, I've been thinking a lot about stress. I've been praying a lot about finances for school. That doesn't mean I've been able to magically stop stressing about it. But one thing I have noticed is that when I do start to stress, I notice within a couple minutes, I remind myself that God is in control. It may not seem like a big deal, but it wasn't always that way. It's amazing how much changes when you truly give it to God. He is right there to walk us through our anxiety. The ultimate comforter. How lucky are we?

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. "
 1 Peter 5:7                          

No comments:

Post a Comment