Saturday, July 23, 2011

Touching base.

Well, it has been quite some time since I've written. Weeks actually. But for the moment, here I am. Presently, we just finished our third week with campers. But the staff has been here for four weeks now. As we move into the fourth week of campers and our fifth week at camp, I can't help but think "where on earth did the time go?" Summers at camp always, always fly by. But something about this summer is different. Maybe it's because I'm in a slightly different position now, or that after four years of counseling it's all become very routine or maybe it's the fact that I know this is probably my last year. I'm not sure. All I know is that I absolutely do not like it. I'm one of those people that wishes time would just slow down, sometimes just freeze. I would gladly stay 20 for a very, very long time. But we all know I don't have that luxury. So that leaves me with coping. I'm mostly saying this because in two weeks when camp ends and I get home, I'll be doing anything and everything to remind me of camp. Which will include blogging about every little detail. So I'm giving you this short bit to prepare you for what's to come. Pray for the staff & our campers. Pray that we submit to whatever God has planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment