Tuesday, December 20, 2011

John 15:2

God is pruning me. The constant questioning of yourself kind of pruning. They lay in the dark crying kind of pruning. The pacing back and forth yelling at God kind of pruning. The dropping to your knees and pleading kind of pruning. The thanking God for changing me kind of pruning.


God has begun changing me. I don't know what He has planned. But I know something better is coming. I'm not naive though. And I'll be the first to admit I've experienced everything from joy/excitement to anger/frustration with God. But this cycle of pruning, this cycle of change is reminding me, it's not about me. I am His tool. I'm not supposed to be comfortable. And right now, I don't know that I am comfortable. But I do feel safe. I do find a certain comfort in knowing that my Father is holding me right now. Molding me and shaping me. Rarely is this process comfortable. More often it's painful. But knowing how wonderful the outcome will be is encouraging. Promising. God has big plans. Plans worth embracing. 


"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for       
and certain of what we do not see."              
Hebrews 11:1                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment