Sunday, January 29, 2012

Behind the scenes.

Awhile back I went to Walmart. Living in Searcy, AR I can only imagine I went there looking for something to do. Well I found the CD Paper Hearts by Francesca Battistelli instead. Now, at the time the only song I knew by her was Free to be Me. Not enough to convince me to buy the CD. But, when I saw it was $5 for 17 songs, I decided it was probably a good investment, and if not, it was only $5.

Well, I listened to the other songs and quickly found I hit gold. Nearly every song affected me in some way. She had a song for every situation. Recently, Behind the Scenes has been my song of choice. On campus, I work a job that can be best described as tedious. Last night while working I found myself listening to Behind the Scenes on repeat at least ten times.

The storyline of the song is simple. What you see is not what you get. Don't ever confuse what you hear about someone and what you think you know about someone as being everything there is to know. Everyone has problems. Everyone has a past. Everyone has a story.

It's easy for us to take one look at someone and think we've got it all figured out. But the truth is, we don't. How would it be if God took one look at our outward appearance, our worldly facade and decided he had seen enough? I'll answer that for you. It'd be awful. We are children of God and we are called to live like God. Give people a chance. Give people hope. Give people love.


I'm incomplete and I'm undone
But I suppose like everyone
There's so much more that's going on
Behind the scenes

*this video is a little...well, animated. but it has all the right lyrics
& it really is Francesca singing, so it's the best bet.



thirty-four days.

No comments:

Post a Comment