Sunday, April 21, 2013

a fresh start

the blog is back again.
it was only down for a day, but that still counts as down!
I wanted to re-vamp it. 
give it a fresh new look for everything that is to come.
and really I just needed to put some TLC into it to.
to take a few hours to concentrate on it &
to remind myself why I fell in love with blogging.
more specifically, this blog.

so here we are, 1 day & a fresh new look later, 
and I feel like there is a lot to say.
because if this is your first time visiting,
you have no idea how this blog even came to be.
and if you're someone who doesn't know me (hey!),
somehow you fell upon this blog and are really in the dark!
friend or surprise guest alike, I'm going to fill in the grey area!


3 years and a couple months ago I was a baby.
well, obviously I wasn't really a baby (I was 20)
but in terms of truly living, I was a fresh faced infant.
and I was putting on my big girl pants to leave for college.
*back story: I'm born and raised in Syracuse, NY (GO 'CUSE).
I attended high school in Liverpool & then went on to OCC.
I did my two years and walked away with my Associates degree.
then in Fall of 2010 I prepared myself to leave for college (for real now
not just a community college...not that I'm knocking that, I was
just still living at home, ya know? not much college experience). end*
so I packed up my life and drove down to Searcy, Arkansas.
before this move, I had lived in the same city my entire life.
I wasn't denied cultural experience (my city isn't tiny),
but I hadn't ever uprooted my life & been immersed in another culture.
until August of 2010. commence FULL immersion.
but really that's a different story.
this story is about how this blog came to be.
and that's really a beautiful story.

March 2011.
Catacamas, Honduras.
Por Los Ninos.
one week and my entire outlook on life changed.
I realize that sounds dramatic.
really, I do.
but I promise I'm not being dramatic.
I promise that from that single trip, my life changed.
I saw my life differently.
I saw the world differently.
I saw God differently.
I summed all of that up in my very ever first blog post.
and that's how the blog began.

fast forward a year (and some random blog posts later)
and I found myself back in Honduras.
same location, same children's home, new experience.
is it possible to sound so dramatic 
others start to question your mental state?
well get ready to question everything you know about me
(those of you that have stumbled upon this blog, I guess 
you don't know all that much,
so there isn't much for you to question. perk?)
I saw everything differently again.
not so much an entirely new outlook, more like,
if you keep focusing a camera, you eventually have a clear picture.
it's kind of like that.
each trip I've taken to Honduras
has brought some aspect of my life into focus.

so, it's been two years and some odd months
since I began this blogging journey.
there have been times when I have been consistent
& times when I have fallen off the face of the earth
(refer to June 2012-November 2012).
but I'm back now.
the blog has a fresh face,
I graduate college (real college) in 20 days (WHAT?!)
and

life is really great right now.
I have literally no idea what my future holds,
but if you want, 
I'm personally inviting you to experience it firsthand with me.
tracy lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment